Supporting next-generation arts spaces
Arts and culture play a vital role in the creation of more just and vibrant societies. Our work aims to promote public discourse, cultural pluralism and artistic creativity through the development and sustainability of exemplary arts facilities and key networks, particularly in diverse communities. Throughout the world, independent arts organizations are emerging and creating unique and vitally needed spaces where citizens interact in an expanded public sphere. We support exemplars of a new 21st-century arts leadership who share knowledge, build capacity and serve as models of artistic innovation, cultural collaboration, inclusion and social partnership.
Orlando Bagwell” —
- Rich Jensen The most important thing is to pick up the pace. The last 50 years were a disaster. We knew what to do in the 70's. We don't have 50 more to waste."
- 21: 18 · Comment · Like · Hide feedback (7)
- Geoff Kirk likes this.
- Shawn Wolfe at 21: 30 on 05 May
- Rich Jensen at 21: 50 on 05 May
- http: //www.climateactionproject.com/docs/presidential_quotes.pdf
- Rich Jensen at 21: 55 on 05 May
- http: //www.350.org/sites/all/themes/denali/images/the-science-of-350.png
- Shawn Wolfe at 22: 05 on 05 May
- Oh right. The atmosphere.
- Rich Jensen at 22: 55 on 05 May
- Yeah, that kind of thing. Really, planetary management and social design across the board. The oceans? Uh . . .
- I thought our generation was going to be the one to turn it around, but no. We decided to "grow up", which we understood as some kind of "retro" signification. We bought into obsolete institutions. And we kind of joked about it while it was happening.
- I mean, of course there are plenty of exceptions, but we haven't seen a tipping point and geez, we're getting old. It's not going to be us. The whole program we love about Obama: we could have had that 30 years ago but we let ourselves get snookered by authoritarian fear-mongers that play on various messed up empire tropes at the heart of the American experience. Big waste of time. A lost generation.
- I'm just saying 15 year-olds of today might be the ones to build the global institutions that will give people a chance to enjoy even something as puny as another 200 years of history.
- Rich Jensen at 23: 02 on 05 May
- I mean: ocean. There's only one ocean on this rock.